Top tips for staying safe
We all have a role to play in staying safe online. This includes looking out for ourselves, our family and friends.
Our top tips for EVERYONE:
- Only talk to people on the internet that you know and trust.
- Personal information shouldn’t be shared over the internet.
- Set up secure privacy settings on all of your online accounts.
- Use a strong password, keep it private and change it regularly.
- Don’t open emails from people you don’t know.
- Think before you post something about someone else online.
- If someone sends you personal photos or videos, respect their privacy and don’t share them with others.
- Install anti-virus software on all of your devices.
- Only download apps, music and files from places and people that you trust, such as official stores.
- Turn off geotagging on mobile devices and social media accounts.